Wednesday 25 April 2012

Just love making rag rugs, I have found a great Op Shop not far from where I live, and delight in picking out king to double bed sized sheets even doona covers, to bring home make the strips and then use my large hook and make rugs.  I have given a few away.  This one in on my bedroom floor and its my favourite.  Winter is here know and having wooden floors, I should make more, my cat Nora Jay just loves laying all over them especially the one I have put on our verandah, and even whilst I am making them, if they are left in a chair you can guarantee that is where you will find Miss J all snuggled up and warm, she even has one of her own made out of the scrap strips.  The next one I will be making will be for my niece Caitlin she has just had her bedroom renovated and I have have the perfect colored sheets to make one for her.  I still have the first rag rug I made with what I could recyle from around the house, it is know the laundry mat, I have washed it many times, it is still holding up and has not lost its shape or color. 

No comments:

Post a Comment